[Imports] Importing bus stops from NaPTAN

Stephen Dawkins elfarto at elfarto.com
Tue Jul 7 13:05:10 UTC 2015

Hi

I'm currently attempting to add all the bus routes in Brighton and Hove,
UK. Unfortunately, there are a lot of bus stops that are missing. Rather
than attempt to add them all manually, I was going to import them from the
NaPTAN dataset.

My plan is to import all the missing stops that have no existing bus_stop
node nearby. Where there is an existing bus_stop node (without any NaPTAN
tags) nearby, I was going to add in a few NaPTAN tags, but leave the
position untouched. And, where there is an existing NaPTAN stop, that
hasn't been updated since it's initial import, I was going to update the
position and any other fields that have changed.

I'm going to limit the stops to just the ones used by the bus routes.

Does this seem like an acceptable way forward?

Thanks & Regards
Stephen