[Imports] Import of ehealthafrica.org Borno state residential areas and partial correction of wards and lgas boundaries

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 00:20:47 UTC 2015

Hi list:

As a very valuable help on the NE Nigeria Crisis [1], eHealth Systems
Africa [2] has provided different data for Borno State [3], among
others more than 500 health facilities, thousands of settlement nodes
(isolated dwellings, hamlets, villages and town neighbourhoods),
residential area multi/polygons and wards and LGA's boundaries.

Many of the residential polygons are new since the import of
residential areas for 8 states of North Nigeria last year's spring
[4]. About the ward/LGA's boundaries, all of them had been imported
that time too [5], but some have been corrected since that time.

As these two sets are of the same kind, I plan to import them in the
coming days, if there isn't any issue on this. Both imports will be
done manually.

Cheers,

Rafael.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boko_Haram_insurgency