[Imports] Nepal VDC's boundaries import

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sun May 17 22:36:40 UTC 2015

On 5/17/2015 2:53 PM, Rafael Avila Coya wrote:
> Paul:
>
> Could you ***PLEASE*** comment on Sarah's from Creative Commons view
> that asked you twice and Blake once.
I think Christoph's statement covers it fairly well:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/imports/2015-May/003920.html

Without special permission, CC BY 3.0 would impose requirements beyond
those of the ODbL to users of OSM data. Or, put another way, data
consumers (including osm.org) who have fully met the ODbL requirements
would not necessarily be in compliance with the license for the CC BY
3.0 data. This is consistent with Sarah's statement.

Given the clear guidance from the relevant working group, I don't see
what else I can add. If you believe that guidance is wrong, you should
take it up on the legal list, not the imports list.