[Imports] import of Tondabayashi geospatial data, Japan (re-send)

Yuichiro Nishimura nissy.yu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 05:26:46 UTC 2015

Hi, Martin:

Thank you for your review and comments!

> 1.
> municipal road (市道), Null under 1.5m  with the tags  highway=path
> highway=footway(bicycle=yes/no)
>
> How do you distinguish a path from a footway in the import, and why aren't these e.g. highway=service, service=alley (i.e. a road class that allows motorized traffic by default)?

We cannot distinguish a path from a footway from Tondabayashi geospatial data itself, tag will be added with checking Bing/GSImaps/ort satellite images.

And such municipal road data does not contain highway=service or service=alley because municipal road data includes only public highway.

> 2.
> For "concrete buildings" you propose to use building:material=concrete, but according to the wiki this tag is describing the facade material, while I guess your concrete buildings describe the building structure material regardless of the facade material (can you confirm this?). My suggestion would be to use
> "building:structure" (undocumented, but used: http://taginfo.osm.org/keys/building%3Astructure#values ) or maybe building:structure:material (not used).
> This should likely be discussed on the tagging ML.

The propose follow the tagging plan of existing import cases of several Japanese cities like Urayasu and Sabae.
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JA:Sabae/bld_import http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue/Urayasu_bld_import)

Now we would like to add the tag "building:material=concrete" temporarily, if the new adequate tag is accepted on the tagging ML, we will change such inadequate tag to good one (searching by overpass turbo).

Yuichiro