[Imports] Northern Zambia data import

Elliott Plack elliott.plack at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 01:11:17 UTC 2015

Lauren,

As I said on Twitter, this looks great. I looked at the data on OSM and it
is amazing how little detail there is on the map now! Here's a screenshot
of how the data looks in JOSM with Mapnik as a base layer. That's
impressive!

Also attached are a few wider screenshots with a before / after view.

I'm a proponent of building imports because, as a human geographer, they
show me (and other geographers) how people are using the earth. Taking a
look at some of these screenshots I can see where there probably are roads
that are not yet in OSM, and where things like farms and parks could be
(where there are no buildings).

I ran the JOSM validator and there are a lot of errors and warnings I'd
recommend addressing before running the final import. Some of them can be
fixed by JOSM In one click but the building inside building ones are not as
easy to fix. Perhaps you'll want to look at the source of those errors.

All in all, looks great! Keep up the good work.

Elliott