[Imports] Looking for POI datasets

Elliott Plack elliott.plack at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 23:21:05 UTC 2015

Sander,

Cool idea! I have a number of datasets in mind, but the two most foremost
are ones created by local governments to inventory all their facilities
(schools, police stations, fire depts). A lot of that gets added to the map
already, so it could provide for some good QC.

The other is a gov't maintained POI dataset used in 911 dispatch (when a
caller doesn't know the address of the POI they're in). I would one day
like to do some kind of ETL to get some of that in OSM, but I also like to
survey these things.

Let me know if you want them to test.

Elliott