[Imports] Proposed import: Cupertino, California

Eric Jiang eric at doublemap.com
Sat Oct 24 19:46:15 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I want to say thank you to everyone who has so far provided helpful
comments and suggestions to this import.

I've updated the processing of the original data to fix some issues
related to tagging and relations. Additionally, I asked the city about
the height information that came with the building footprints, and
they said that it was derived from LIDAR data. I checked the height
data of some buildings I know and the information seems to be
reasonable. So, height data is included in the import data.

Another major change is the use of the US OSM Tasking Manager. I
reached out to a few area mappers to help with the import and several
have expressed interest in helping, so hopefully that will speed
things up.

It'd be great if people point out things that could be improved. If
there are no problems, then I hope to get things going within the next
few weeks.

Once again, the import page on the wiki is:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Cupertino_import

Thanks,
Eric