[Imports] Fixing large number of mistagged buildings near Boulder Colorado, US

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 06:40:28 UTC 2015

We have some options to revert changests. There is a JOSM plugin and a
command line script that can be used to revert changests. But really
reverting isn't anything special as far as the API is concerned. All
these tools do is upload a new version of all the objects in the
changeset that put the objects back to their former state. It gets
complicated if they have been edited by someone else since the
changeset you are reverting.

As for having a list of IDs, I did write a simple script a long time
ago to take a list of object IDs and download those objects and stick
them in a .osm file that you can open up and edit in JOSM. At the time
I was running queries against a local API mirror I had running. The
script is on GitHub if you want to look at it.

https://github.com/ToeBee/OSM-misc/blob/master/IDownload.py

Toby