[Imports] [Talk-us] Proposing import of sidewalk data Seattle, WA, USA

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 06:05:17 UTC 2016

On 02/08/2016 14:28, Bryan Housel wrote:
> ... Given that your team is located in Seattle and is very involved
> with the local community there, I don’t see any issues.

The major issue I see with
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Seattle,_Washington/Sidewalk_Import
is that there is no discussion there of how the data is to be
maintained.  That page talks about it being a "one-time import".

What are the plans to maintain the data going forward?  Are there plans
to merge changes from the city's dataset when that changes in the future?

Also, how will the data from the city be quality-checked to see how it
relates to what's on the ground?

Best Regards,

Andy