[Imports] San Francisco building heights import

Brandon Liu bdon at bdon.org
Fri Dec 9 04:26:06 UTC 2016

Thanks everyone for your input - moving forward, we've continued to
recruit local mappers to ensure the long term success of the project.
These include some of the top contributors[1] of buildings in the
area, outside of the MapBox data team. FInd an updated list on the
Wiki here:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Building_Height_Import#Team_and_Supporters

We have also created a validation tool[2] to do side-by-side
cross-referencing of street imagery with 3D building heights. This
makes it easy and accessible for mappers to assess the quality of the
data against a second source. This can be generalized to review height
data elsewhere in OSM - email me if you're interested and I'd be happy
to help make it work in your local area.

Brandon

[1] https://github.com/osmlab/sf_building_height_import/issues/21
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Building_Height_Import#Validation