[Imports] Jakarta, Indonesia admin_level 5 to 9 boundaries import

Dewi Sulistioningrum dewi.sulistioningrum at hotosm.org
Tue Dec 13 02:50:00 UTC 2016

Hi Frederik,

I am Dewi from Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Indonesia, thank you for
information about the boundaries in Jakarta.
We have created Map Features for all objects and common tags in Indonesia
in the wiki
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Id:Referensi_Atribut_Objek_OSM_Indonesia#Batas_Administrasi.
In the documentation for Kelurahan/Village is admin_level 7, Dusun/Hamlet
is admin_level 8 and RW/Community Group is admin_level 9.
In Indonesia, hamlet used for rural administrative level below
Kelurahan/Village and didn't used in urban region. Therefore, we have to
fix Community Group/RW level boundaries in Jakarta, change admin_level 8
with admin_level 9 and change neighborhood unit/RT with admin_level 10.

We will update this documentation
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dadministrative with the
boundaries in Indonesia.

Best

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 3:48 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
> > On 10 Dec 2016, at 16:41, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> >
> > with an admin_level of "8" which is normally used for city-level
> > boundaries (i.e. *one* admin_level 8 boundary around a city).

> > I see on
> > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dadministrative that in
> > Indonesia admin_level 6 is used for cities and admin_level 8 for
> > "Village (Kelurahan / Desa)".
>

> just as a remark (I agree that the cited example looks quite odd for
> several reasons), typically admin_level=8 is used for "municipalities",
> that's normally neither "city" nor "village", because the latter are
> settlement vocabulary, the former is a term for administrative units (there
> are exceptions where the administrative entity covers indeed just a
> settlement, but that's occurring either in densely built up areas or at
> higher (number) admin levels).
>
> cheers,
> Martin

Regards,
Dewi Sulistioningrum
dewi.sulistioningrum at hotosm.org

*Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team *
Indonesia Office: Jalan MH. Thamrin Kav 3, Menara Thamrin Lt. 15
US Office: OpenGov Hub 1110 Vermont Avenue NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC,
20005 USA
Mobile: +62856 9571 1331
http://openstreetmap.org/ | http://openstreetmap.id
blog <http://openstreetmap.id/> | twitter <http://twitter.com/osm_id> |