[Imports] Sitka, AK Buildings Import

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 09:22:09 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> On 21 Dec 2016, at 08:47, Joshua Houston <joshuahouston at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I see, that makes sense. Okay, I will go through and return the amenity tags I had on buildings. I'll wait till I know the hospital campuses, school campuses, etc. to make the amenity tag part of a campus way instead of a building way.

yes, generally (although it was and sometimes is still done), it is not a good idea to mix building ways with tags for what is inside the building (because it makes it unclear to which object the other tags apply: the building or the function/user inside the building).

Also the building values should describe the building typology, which is not necessarily the same as the current usage of the building. If you don't have this information available it would be better to state "yes" than guessing on the basis of the current occupation.

Cheers,
Martin