[Imports] Building & Address Import - Lexington, KY

Ryan Cooper ryancooper729 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 19:47:11 UTC 2016

Greetings!

I'd like to propose an import of city-sourced GIS data for Lexington,
Kentucky, USA.

The GIS department at Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government has
released several datasets on their open data portal
<http://data.lexingtonky.gov/>. They are licensed under the ODC Public
Domain Dedication and Licence.The two datasets we'll be working with
are 2007 impervious surfaces
<http://data.lexingtonky.gov/dataset/impervious-2007> and address
points <http://data.lexingtonky.gov/dataset/address-points>. On the
former, we will be importing only those polygons classified as
"Building".

We will be using OSM Tasking Manager to carry out the import in
manageable chunks. Conflation will be done by hand. Primacy will be
given to building footprints already contributed to OSM.

Wiki -> *http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lexington_KY/Building_Outlines_Import
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lexington_KY/Building_Outlines_Import>*
This message has been cross-posted in Talk-US, Imports-US, & Imports.

Thanks!

--

Ryan Cooper
ryancooper729 at gmail.com