[Imports] Review plan for adding 1, 164 wikidata tags in the West Midlands

Edward Betts edward at 4angle.com
Sun Jan 17 18:35:06 UTC 2016

Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have started some time ago to add wikidata tags manually myself and have
> found that there are a few problems to be careful about. Will you be
> checking the matches you have found to see if there would be contradictions
> between single wikidata statements and current OSM tags, that will require
> reorganization of either the OSM object or the wikidata object? "Partial"
> matches are not so uncommon, e.g. you could have a wikidata object
> referring to a museum and an OSM object referring to the building housing
> the museum (or the other way round).

My code tries to resolve duplicates, it can't it will skip the OSM object. My
aim is to generate a one-to-one mapping, I only add a tag for a wikidata item
to a single OSM object.

I've written some heuristic for different cases. For settlements where there
is a node and polygon (way or relation) I prefer the node.

Hospitals and schools are sometimes tagged with a polygon for each building
and a surrounding polygon for the site. In this case the matcher picks the
surrounding site polygon.

--
Edward.