[Imports] Bad imports

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 01:42:55 UTC 2016

Hi
Thanks for investigating the data issues Sander. As I did when you contacted me last week, I'll explain the issues here as I see them, and discuss some simple ways I'll see to getting them fixed.
On the "Bad Imports" page, this new process is unnecessary. There is already a substantial process for managing imports and resolving data issues, documented in the wiki and managed by the DWG.
On the data in Enugu, my role in the original import was to advise colleagues involved directly in the data collection and import, and then to make some repairs to the roads (that is why I appear as the first editor of many features). There are two issues.
One is "living_street". My understanding is that they used "living_street" in cases of unpaved residential roads, because there is a great amount of activity directly on these roads, and "resembled" living streets in the EU. There is no legal definition of living street in Nigeria. At the time of the import, I didn't totally agree with the classification, but didn't think it that important. Given the question on classification now, I think it's best to improve this, and will do so, by changing classification to residential road.
Second, there are a good number of tags on POI that should not have been included in a related import of Enugu (for example http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2460130808/history). The simple solution here is to identify those tags, and remove them, and I will see to this as well.
-Mikel * Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron