[Imports] WiFi Hotspots in SA

Michael Graaf graaf.michael at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 09:34:50 UTC 2016

Greetings all,

I write on behalf of a team preparing to create an app (free as in beer as
well as in speech) which will help users find WiFi hotspots and also review
them or report new ones. We already have some data-sets which appear to be
public-domain, but these things keep changing hence our intention to have
real-time crowdsourcing.

Initially we thought of using both Google Maps and OSM but on closer
investigation, discovered that above a minimal level of use, Google API
costs some dollars, so we discarded that idea.

None of us has done this kind of thing before so we are hoping for guidance
and assistance. I found your addresses in the OSM Import Guidelines page.

yours in anticipation,

Michael Graaf.