[Imports] Calgary addresses

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jul 18 23:23:43 UTC 2016

Lisa,

On 07/19/2016 12:37 AM, Kirikeza, Lisa wrote:
> I am looking for help in importing Calgary parcel addresses from a shp
> or csv file. If anybody could assist with this, it would be greatly
> appreciated!

Before we get into the technicalities, I believe there might be a slight
problem on the legal side.

OSM data is distributed under the ODbL 1.0 license which does not
discriminate against any fields of endeavour, including such that are
against the law.

Your license however says that:

"You may use the Data to create Derivative Works using the Data and
distribute said Derivative Works for any lawful purposes."

Since we cannot exclude unlawful purposes in our license, it seems that
as it stands, your data is not compatible with OpenStreetMap, and we'd
have to obtain "express written permission from the Intellectual
Property Access & Marketing work unit of Infrastructure & Information
Services of The City".

Is that something you can help us with?

Best
Frederik