[Imports] Status and progress: NYS DEC Lands reimport

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 10:41:56 UTC 2016

> (2) All the Long Island parcels, with the exception of the Ridge
> Conservation Area, need a mechanical edit to replace 'access=yes' with
> 'access=permit permit:website=http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7815.html.'

Kevin, thanks for you summary.

On this particular issue I believe you should use different tagging.
Currently there is almost no use of access=permit
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/access=permit
Typically if you require a permission for access it is "private" (maybe
something with "access:conditional" would also be appropriate:
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/access%3Aconditional#values ), you
could still link the detailed specifiication with a similar tag, like
access:website=http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7815.html
(choosing from the most frequently used tags, maybe it could be
"source:access"?)

Cheers,
Martin
<http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7815.html>