[Imports] Calgary addresses

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 09:56:44 UTC 2016

> And yes, unlawful of course means unlawful by the applicable laws,
> that is _your_ laws.

typically, when you state something like "lawful" on your webpage, it
refers to what is lawful for you, the publisher, the applicable law that
governs the webpage from where you download.

> If I said "You may use the data for any purpose
> that would be lawful under Czech law, under the terms of OdBL.", that
> would clearly be additional restriction.

so we agree somehow, that's good

> But I don't think that's what lawful means; it is lawful to map
> chinese military installations from Czech republic, it is not lawful
> to do that in china.

while it may be probably lawful (for the Czechs) mapping Chinese military
installations while being in the Czech republic, it could still happen that
Chinese authorities arrest you when entering China, and condemn you for
mapping Chinese military installations (espionage), even if you had been in
the Czech republic when you did so. (I'm not saying it is likely, it's just
an example)

Cheers,
Martin