[Imports] Data import from WRI Forest Atlas of Cameroon

Joachim Müller joachim.mueller at uni-hohenheim.de
Tue Jul 26 10:22:18 UTC 2016

Dear colleagues,
the World Resources Institute (WRI) is providing an Interactive Forest Atlas of Cameroon
http://cmr.forest-atlas.org/#l=en

together with a free data download, which is already listed as potential data sources for OSM:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Potential_Datasources#WRI_Forest_Atlases

The corresponding data share agreement can be found here
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:WRIdataShareAgreement.png

I am mapping in the Mamfe region
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=12/5.9050/9.5928

to support rural development. I would like to make use of the WRI database in terms of streams, forest roads and borders of forest reserves. I am not intending mass import, I am planning to import only details that I can validate by satellite imaginary and own surveys.

I would appreciate to get your opinion on that.

Kind regards,
Joachim Müller