[Imports] Data import from WRI Forest Atlas of Cameroon

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Tue Jul 26 16:48:14 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 26 July 2016, Joachim Müller wrote:
> I would like to make use of the WRI
> database in terms of streams, forest roads and borders of forest
> reserves. I am not intending mass import, I am planning to import
> only details that I can validate by satellite imaginary and own
> surveys.

You need to decide if you want to do an import or not.  If you do you
need to follow the import guidelines, in particular discuss it with the
Cameroon community.

> The corresponding data share agreement can be found here
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:WRIdataShareAgreement.png

Note that letter does not grant mappers any rights, only the OSMF -
therefore as a mapper using this data you are acting in a gray zone.
Since it is not clear under what license terms the data is made
available otherwise this is potentially pretty hairy for the mappers.
The data is definitely not ODbL as indicated on the wiki.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/