[Imports] Data import from WRI Forest Atlas of Cameroon

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 17:54:39 UTC 2016

Hi, Martin:

> <mailto:ravilacoya at gmail.com>>:
>
>     That license Joachim is referring to, is a license we have used many
>     times in the past, for many imports. There has never been any
>     concern about the validity of it.
>

> Is this template approved/endorsed by the OSMF? I wonder because the
> contract mentions: "The citation will be showed on the following web
> page http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Attribution"
> Besides "showed" is US English (I would have expected this to be
> "shown"), how does this wiki page relate to these pages?

Those templates, as I told already to Christoff, are the ones the
imports guidelines wiki refers to in Step 3 of the wiki.

I don't have any idea if the OSMF has to endorse that or not. I am not
expert in legal matters, but I guess if I donate whatever to the OSMF,
with whatever document, the OSMF can do whatever they like. If data is
given to the OSMF with the ODbL license, I can't imagine the OSMF not
giving permission to the OSM contributors to use that data for import
into OSM.

> - http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright (in the "contributors" paragraph)
>
> - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors
>
> Are all of them on the same level? Shall importers add the source
> reference to all these pages? Should we merge the 2 pages? I would
> expect this page: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors to be
> the important one, because it is linked from the "official" (non-wiki)
> copyright page.

I don't know if they have to be merged or not. I leave that decision to
others.

Cheers,

Rafael.