[Imports] GDOŚ data import

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jun 9 19:21:29 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 06/09/2016 09:28 AM, Wojciech Myrda wrote:
> in the polish forum and the following discussion in the matter I have
> made the actual data import

You should have discussed here before. There's quite a few strange
things about your import - tags that seem superfluous, and strange
multipolygons like this

http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/6298112#map=15/51.3748/22.5863

- do these four stripes really form one unit, legally?

And, worst of all, is there *anything* on the ground about these areas,
anything that makes them verifiable?

Data that is not verifiable on the ground is generally unsuitable for
OSM; exceptions can be made but there must be a very good reason for
them. I really have difficulties seeing what the use of a 200 by 5 metre
strip of "protect_class=19" somewhere in a Polish forest might be -
someone who needs this data surely could simply open the government's
shape file?

The strength of OSM is that others can build on the data; go there, add
information they see on the ground, improve data... your import doesn't
seem to be amenable to that very much. Why did you import it - what is
your use case?

Bye
Frederik