[Imports] Need advice: Import wheelchair accessible places?

Holger Dieterich holger at sozialhelden.de
Tue Mar 8 11:41:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

this is my first post to this mailing list, please be gentle. ;) I'm the
co-founder of http://wheelmap.org - a map for wheelchair accessible places
(all OSM data & contributing back). We are a non-profit organization based
in Germany and getting more and more data sets offered and struggle what to
do next. Of course we try to educate them about OSM and the import
principles, but the people who approach us are not firm in dealing with
this.

Since we are interested in the data, we would love to see them in OSM (and
Wheelmap) if they are usable.

Example:
ca 5000 touristic places in France published under "Open Licence" [1]:
https://www.data.gouv.fr/fr/datasets/les-etablissements-tourisme-handicap/

The data owners approached us. I saw the data set was already mentioned on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_France/data.gouv.fr but its
status is unclear to me. What can I tell her?

I'm not firm with import tools, how can I help to get this data in OSM (if
there will be a consensus to import them)? Since it is our mission as a
non-profit to make the world a more inclusive place, I'm confident we could
maybe even do some fundraising to pay somebody to work on this. Is this
advisable? Has this been done before?

Thanks,
Holger

[1] https://www.etalab.gouv.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Open_Licence.pdf