[Imports] Should i include addr:county

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 20:04:30 UTC 2016

It looks like about 50% of the addr:county tag currently in the
database is from an import of addresses in Georgia:
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/addr%3Acounty#values

I personally did not include this in the address import I did a while
ago. Would it ever be the case that an object's addr:county value
would be different from the county it is physically contained within?
This is what makes addr:city tags useful. The postal delivery area for
"Manhattan, KS" extends far beyond the physical city boundary.

Toby