[Imports] Importing New York state green spaces

dan witt dan at pgpromail.com
Tue May 10 08:13:12 UTC 2016

Hello,

There are currently gaps in the park data (e.g. Tallman, High Tor, Hook,
and Storm King parks are all missing) and boundaries for at least Harriman
/Bear Mountain state parks don't match official records. I am hoping that I
can build consensus on importing state and federal lands from New York
state county level tax parcels.  I've looked at a few counties so far at it
appears that there aren't restrictions on how the data can be used, though
obviously each county needs to be evaluated and permission sought if
nessecary.

I'm fairly new to the OSM project and not 100% sure on how to proceed.