[Imports] JOSM Plugin for Austrian Addresses
osm at thomaskonrad.at
Sun Nov 20 16:09:43 UTC 2016
the thing is, I’m absolutely against *automatically* importing all the BEV addresses, just to make that clear. With the plugin, I just want to support users who trace single buildings and want to add an address to it. I imagine the process to be like this:
- A user adds a satellite imagery layer in JOSM
- They draw a building outline and add tags like building=yes, maybe something like shop=supermarket, the name of the building if they know it, etc.
- They want to add the address, klick the corresponding button in JOSM and if the address is found, the correct tags are added
- The source of the address data is either added to the source tag or in the changeset source field (the latter is better I guess)
- The changeset source makes it reproducible which address data sets have been created by using the data
Now if this process is considered an import and really requires a separate user account, then this is not feasible due to the following reasons:
- Creating an import user account and publishing the credentials or even putting them into the plugin source code / configuration would enable everyone to commit stuff without having accepted the usage terms. This is not an option.
- Who am I going to give the credentials? People who have a lot of OSM experience? How can I know that? Does every person who contributes using the data create their own import account? How can I know which accounts are such accounts?
- I can’t separately commit non-address tags and address tags. What if a user wants to add *all* details to a building and then commit it as a whole?
I don’t want to be “importing” the data only by myself, I’d rather give everyone the possibility to contribute using the plugin. I don’t see how I can do that with these restrictions.
> On 20 Nov 2016, at 16:35, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> sent from a phone
>> Il giorno 20 nov 2016, alle ore 16:21, Pavel Machek <pavel at ucw.cz> ha scritto:
>> In first versions of the czech building "import", users were tracing
>> outlines from scanned maps. Quite substantial task, not too different
>> from tracing roads in satellite images.
> IMHO substantially different: tracing aerial imagery is interpretation, tracing another map is copying.
More information about the Imports