[Imports] plain text: Canton of Bern Address Import (GEBADR list)

michael spreng talk at osm.datendelphin.net
Mon Nov 28 20:56:36 UTC 2016

I see that the original Message [0] from Stefan on Nov. 18. somehow was
a bit empty. Here it is once more in plain text:

Hi everybody,

my name is Stefan Berger. I grew up and lived in the area of Thun,
canton of Bern, Switzerland. Currently I'm staying in Tanzania for half
a year and have sometimes time available. Besides mapping the local
area, I started working on an import of the building addresses of the
canton of Bern (~400'000 addresses after reduction) after I read a blog
entry about it: sosm.ch/building-addresses-canton-berne/ [1]

By now, discussion with the Swiss OSM mailing list is over and a
consensus about tagging etc. was found. In short words, we agreed that
we will import rather carefully street by street by the community in
order to guarantee high quality. Each address is checked by eye on
aerial imagery. The address nodes are merged to buildings where
possible. I already mapped my home village (search for "Fahrni" to get
an impression) and created the wiki.openstreetmap homepage, there's also
a video tutorial linked in the article.

You can find all further information about the import in the article:
wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canton_of_Bern_Address_Import [2]

But before I continue, I'm interested in your feedback and inputs about
this import!

Greetings from Iringa, Tanzania
Stefan

[0]