[Imports] [Talk-ca] [Import] Ottawa Buildings & Addresses [Statistics Canada project]

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 16:44:42 UTC 2016

On 2016-10-24 08:04 AM, James wrote:
> I've updated the documentation and incorporated Scruss's findings on the
> build source data:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada:Ontario:Ottawa/Import/TopographicMap

Cool! I was hoping to be able to show that the geojson data that you
were given exactly matches that on the City of Ottawa website, and in
doing so help out by saying

	If James's data* == City of Ottawa public data,
	then it clears up the data availability issue

… but it doesn't exactly match. The city's AutoCAD data looks older, as
it has the odd building and feature missing.

The new data is pretty close, though. Anyone need a
demo/writeup/picture, or are people generally happy with the provenance
of the data now?

cheers,
 Stewart

*: yes, I know it's not James's data, but it's a lot shorter than typing
in the source and history.