[Imports] Import Fiji Map

Tilman Brock-Hesse (tbhgeo) tilman.brock+tbhgeo at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 15 20:50:45 UTC 2016

Hello Support Ilhasoft,

the letter explicitly states that your project is a noncommercial project.

The OpenStreetMap license (ODbL) allows commercial redistribution of OSM
data under certain conditions, which - as far as i interpret your letter -
is not what FBOS agrees to. They agree that OSM is a "mapping partner",
which it is not. They don't agree that their data will be imported into the
OSM database.

They really need to know and agree that their data - once added to the OSM
database - will then be distributed under ODbL, which includes commercial
use by any ODbL compliant project/individual whatsoever, not only U-Report.

Also, did you create the Import Guideline Documentation wiki page that
Rafael explained?

I know data imports into OSM are hard, but that's intentional.

Best regards,
Tilman