[Imports] Test drive Facebook AI-assisted road import

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Sat Apr 1 15:19:31 UTC 2017

Hello together, hello Facebook team,

the Thailand community is not subscribed to the imports mailing list. So to
reach out to that specific community it is best to come to the forum.

This list is a good place to get advice from experienced members of the
community on how to best execute imports in general. So please continue
such technical details discussions here.

In a local mappers meeting in Chiang Mai we discussed on how to best
proceed with the suggested import.

We came to the conclusion that we want to have a test drive of the import
on a limited area to see whether the previously observed problems are
resolved.

find more details here:
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=639401#p639401

Key point is that we want to be involved in an open discussion and be able
to judge the quality of the suggested import.

It would be fine to open a new Thread in the forum as well for the planning
and execution of the outlined test drive.

We recognize that with Drishtie we have someone experienced with OSM being
part of the team so hopefully our concerns as a community are better
understood now.