[Imports] Test drive Facebook AI-assisted road import

OSM @ Facebook osm at fb.com
Mon Apr 10 16:16:37 UTC 2017

Hello Christoph,

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to working with the local OSM Thai community to do this test drive.

As always we appreciate your time and feedback.

Best,
Drishtie Patel on behalf of the OSM at Facebook Team

On 4/7/17, 4:37 AM, "Christoph Hormann" <osm at imagico.de> wrote:

    On Saturday 01 April 2017, Stephan Knauss wrote:
    > Hello together, hello Facebook team,
    >
    > the Thailand community is not subscribed to the imports mailing list.
    > So to reach out to that specific community it is best to come to the
    > forum.
    >
    > This list is a good place to get advice from experienced members of
    > the community on how to best execute imports in general. So please
    > continue such technical details discussions here.
    > [...]

    Yes, testing this on a well defined smaller area where local mappers can
    verify accuracy on the ground seems a very good idea.  Just keep in
    mind that Thailand has a fairly diverse geography and what you observe
    in one area is not necessarily representative for the whole country.

    For clarification, especially also for others who might be planning
    imports and are reading here - local community discussion and import
    review here are two distinct steps of the import process and none of
    these two is a replacement for the other.  It usually makes sense to
    have the local discussion first and then do the overall review here but
    it is likewise possible to have several iterations and continue the
    review after modifications to the procedures being made based on local
    feedback.

    --
    Christoph Hormann
    https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.imagico.de_&d=DwIGaQ&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=NlZNy7PJhbzX87SFZnKl7g&m=gsjzwRr2NoWR-wWiZwBIE9LXosFMKXgWTwcJXWYIzow&s=i002nvP_RTSk36ZQu3SlrdO50zgorYf3M5ceT7JAAhs&e=