[Imports] Planning to import Indonesia's village boundaries

Ivan Garcia capiscuas at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 13:03:36 UTC 2017

Thanks for your feedback, here are my answers...

> That page does not provide a link to the data, we need to be able to
> look at the data to assess the import plans.

Added.
An extract of the original SHP files(for Riau archipielago province for
example) can be found here: https://github.com/capiscuas/osm-playground ,
also it contains the converted .osm file that would be imported to OSM
after comparing with the current data in place already.

> Besides that your plan lack a number of important pieces of information:
>
> * i don't see a permission from the owner of the data allowing the use
> the data in OSM.  The document you linked to does not contain anything
> of substance.

UNICEF and the owner of the data:BPS statistics agency share a COUNTRY
PROGRAMME ACTION PLAN(CPAP). The email answer from BPS giving explicit
permision to UNICEF to do the necesary changes in OSM using their data
should be enough. There are precedents in OSM imports with explicit
permission through emails being sufficient. Correct if I am wrong and
please provide what sort of document/signature/email response shall we ask
BPS to make it official then. Thanks.

> * you do not in any way discuss what administrative boundary data exists
> in OSM at the moment for Indonesia, from what sources this is and how
> you intend to combine this with the data you plan to import.

Added.
The current boundaries of Indonesia can be displayed in real time here:
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/ooe

> * you write you were asked to do the import but you don't write who
> asked you to do this and what exactly the task is you were asked to
> perform (like for example if you were instructed to get certain data
> into OSM or to make sure administrative boundaries for Indonesia are
> mapped in OSM).

Yantisa (which is in CC) from HOT Indonesia contacted me to help them
converting the SHP files into .osm and import those missing parts into the
OSM server.

Best Regards.