[Imports] Planning to import Indonesia's village boundaries

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Apr 17 22:52:17 UTC 2017

Hi Ivan,

On 04/15/2017 11:47 PM, Ivan Garcia wrote:
> I've got experience converting, uploading and mantaining administrative
> OSM data

In 2015 you proposed a boundary import in Jakarta and were told by
Christoph Hormann that there were some issues with your plans. You
didn't reply to this (at least not on-list) and went ahead with your import.

Almost one year later, I accidentally discovered that the import had
been using wrong admin_level tags. I mentioned this on this list and you
seem to have fixed that meanwhile, but without commenting on the issue
at all (instead it was Dewi Sulistioningrum who replied). Also, your
import from back then uses an unusual tag "OBJECTID" and an usual value
"flood_prone=YES".

These things are not signs of a good import.

This time, please make sure to document all the tags you are going to
use and show us all the data you plan to import (with all tags) so that
we can properly evaluate what you plan to do.

It appears that both the Indonesia forum and the talk-id list are
effectively dead. What is the preferred medium for the Indonesian OSM
community to hang out and have you discussed your plans there too?

Bye
Frederik