[Imports] Stillwater, OK Imports

Nathan Mills nathan at nwacg.net
Tue Feb 28 14:17:21 UTC 2017

On February 28, 2017 4:46:54 AM EST, Pavel Machek <pavel at ucw.cz> wrote:
>On Tue 2017-02-28 10:08:17, Rory McCann wrote:
>me the
>have both
>> >
>> > Actually, it is useful to have separate address point and building
>> > polygon, with address point being in place where the main door is.
>Can
>> > be really really useful for bigger buildings...
>>
>> That's what the `entrance=main` tag is for! :)
>
>Hmm. And do you have at least one renderer that supports that?
>
>There are buildings with more than one address, so it is not clear
>that placing address tags on polygons is right.
>									Pavel

The "right" way to deal with multiple addresses in a single building is to subdivide the building polygon as appropriate. When that isn't possible, leaving individual address points is reasonable. When there is only one address for a building, though, accepted practice in the US is to tag the building poly with the address.

As previously stated, entrances, where known, are handled with the entrance tag.

-Nathan