[Imports] Canton of Bern Address Import (GEBADR list)

michael spreng talk at osm.datendelphin.net
Tue Jan 17 21:13:31 UTC 2017

Hi Stewart

On 17/01/17 21:30, Stewart C. Russell wrote:
> Is there a published licence? I know that OSM CH has received
> permission, but from the overview page on www.geo.apps.be.ch, it looks
> like there are restrictions contingent on a usage agreement with the
> canton.

Yes this usage agreement, containing something like a cc-by licensing,
is mostly compatible with OSM in regard to the data we will use, except
for the attribution requirement. So we asked nicely, and here is the
documentation of the Mail exchange with the cantonal gis department:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canton_Berne_Address_Data

The quote of importance is

"Im Sinn des neuen KGeoIG, das die Verbreitung und einfache Nutzung
unserer kantonalen Geodaten unterstützen und vorantreiben soll, erachten
wir es als genügend, wenn Sie den/die entsprechenden Quellenhinweis/e
sowie den Link auf die zugehörigen Metadaten in
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors aufführen"

Which translates roughly to: In the spirit of the new geo information
law (KGeoIG), which encourages distribution and easy usage of the
cantonal geo data, they regard it as sufficient if we mention the source
on http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors

That feels like a stretch from the published agreement. But the gis
department is only bound by the law mentioned above, and they gave us
permission to use a relaxed attribution requirement.

Also thank you for the feedback regarding separate user accounts. I will
relay it to the ch mailing list.

Michael