[Imports] Canton of Bern Address Import (GEBADR list)

Andrea Musuruane musuruan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 13:53:13 UTC 2017

Hi Michael,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 2:23 PM, michael spreng <talk at osm.datendelphin.net>
wrote:

> Moreover, I can't see anything about QA in the wiki.
>
> Here I don't know what you would like to suggest. We did have a thorough
> look at the data, and there are exceptions where we will not use the data,
> and also a transformation to mach osm tagging scheme. Most of this was
> discussed on the Swiss mailing list (We did post a link to this mailing
> list in the initial Mail in November. Look for discussion threads
> mentioning GEBADR or Gebäudeadressen Bern)
> Also, due to the manual process, each address will be checked by a mapper
> who is at least familiar with mapping in the canton of Bern.
> Please elaborate if I did not answer your question.

I'm sorry, I'll try to explain. I'm not talking about upstream (or
transformed) data verification but post import quality assurance.

After importing address data, you will likely discover that:
* some road names previously inserted in OSM are wrong or they are spelled
slightly different;
* some roads are already in OSM but they don't have a name (but now you can
get it from the nearby house addresses);
* there are missing roads that have house addresses around.

I think you should have a process to catch these issues and fix them.

HTH,

Andrea