[Imports] [Talk-ca] Ottawa Buildings & Addresses [Statistics Canada project]

Denis Carriere carriere.denis at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 20:57:33 UTC 2017

Good day,

@Steve: Did you not read the second email from Robert.

date:	Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 5:27 PM
subject:	RE: Stats Can project

Hi James, while I can’t publish our data under the odbl I can say that
it appears to be in-line with our ODL, and I can’t see any issues with
it being published to OpenStreetMap.

Robert Giggey

We can't put explicit words in people's email, this email clearly indicates
the intent of using Ottawa's data into OSM.

This import discussion has been dragging on for over 6 months now, we could
of manually drawn every building multiple times by now.

The two main concerns that have been resolve that were preventing this
import were:

   - Explicit permission from the City of Ottawa
   - Data being available on the City of Ottawa's portal

All other concerns do not prevent this import and have no risk.

We've already imported data under the City of Ottawa license, all of the OC
Transpo bus stop (minus a few in the downtown core).

Now if anyone else mentions the issue of the license again, I'm going to
take upon myself to start reverting all of the City of Ottawa's bus stops (
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/lyN).

Going to wait a few hours to accept replies and afterwards we're going to
begin the import tonight (EST).

*~~~~~~*
*Denis Carriere*