[Imports] Limiting changesets to 10k changes.

James james2432 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 19:41:54 UTC 2017

I honestly dont mind it as it makes the changeset more manageable. If
you've ever tried reverting a changeset that has over 10k changes it can
take hours to revert via Frederik's perl script, just downloading the data
can be a pain in JOSM. Anyone comiting more than 10k changes is obviously
importing and not doing regular mapping. JOSM already splits the work when
the changeset limit is hit. So I see nothing but an advantage here. In case
you didn't know each object in a changeset opens a connection to the
database, so 10k changesets can put a heavy load on the postgresql
database(remember you aren't the only one comiting)

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 1:19 PM, Guillaume Rischard <openstreetmap at stereo.lu
> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> There's a pull request to limit changesets to 10k changes, and it would be
> good to get community input.
>
> I've opened a discussion here: https://github.com/
> openstreetmap/operations/issues/144
>
> See the interesting comments on the PR itself too: https://github.com/
> openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/1259
>
> Thank you for your feedback,
>
> Guillaume

外に遊びに行こう!