[Imports] Importing fuel stations in UK and future similar imports

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Fri May 12 19:22:37 UTC 2017

On Friday 12 May 2017, Nick Bolten wrote:

> It is not particularly obvious that imports need to follow the wiki
> guide and then use a (frankly outmoded) mailing list, not to mention
> always-changing, community-derived tagging standards, so until it
> becomes easy for new users to discover what is expected, we could all
> benefit from treating each other with respect and empathy.

Yes, i would certainly support that (except for the 'outmoded').  And i
am also perfectly willing to accept that my reactions here are not
always ideal in that regard.

From my point of view the primary reason for a frequently hostile tone
on this list is that the import guidelines require importers to discuss
their plans here even if they would prefer not to.  I am not saying
Ilya's post here falls under this category but this definitely is a
common situation and not a good basis for a friendly and productive
coversation.

In other words: I have for quite some time contemplated the thought that
i would probably like to unsubscribe from this mailing list as the
place where people post their import plans because they have to but
keep subscribed to the place where people can seek advise on their
import plans freely.  Even if this would mean actively ignoring bad
import plans i think in sum this would work better because i - and
others - could concentrate advise on cases where it is appreciated and
used.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/