[Imports] Birmingham City Council tree import

Brian Prangle brianboruimport at gmail.com
Tue May 16 14:19:57 UTC 2017

The age key is described in terms of "mature"  "semi-mature" "young" "newly
planted"  etc. and so cannot be updated  mathematically as, to repeat an
earlier post, we don't have a date of planting in the data to be imported.
Moreover this system of descriptive values  is better,  having a
sufficient range to obviate the necessity for constant updating which is
presumably why the data owner used these values in the first place. I fail
to see why this tag cannot be used given that's the data format we have and
it is a good description of the age and one that anyone can readily
understand in relation to the trees to which it relates. It's a valuable,
and valid, piece of data about the trees and one we don't want to omit.
regards

Brian

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com