[Imports] [Talk-us] Integrating our open source data into OSM

Brian May bmay at mapwise.com
Thu Nov 9 01:53:20 UTC 2017

Its critical to know where the lat/longs came from. For example, if they
came from Google Maps - then its a no go, because Google's licensing is
incompatible with OSM. Their geocodes are not public domain, etc. Same
thing applies to many / most other commercial geocoding services. If you
don't know how the lat/longs were derived, then that is probably a show
stopper as well.

Brian