[Imports] [Talk-us] Integrating our open source data into OSM

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 04:54:09 UTC 2017

 If the addresses are in the data as well, we don't really need to use the
lat/lon coordinates. The best way to use this kind of data, is to use it as
one of several sources. So a direct import is out of the question, but
using it as a shortcut and combining with what we already have plus aerial
imagery plus possibly an extra lookup in other sources could be considered.

Of course, we don't want to be a front end for SEO techniques, so maybe the
data needs to be pruned from overly commercial information and
descriptions, before it is useful to us.

I'm downloading it too, but it takes a while. I can probably figure out a
way to convert it into something usable (at a technical level).

Polyglot