[Imports] [Talk-us] Integrating our open source data into OSM

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Thu Nov 9 09:09:01 UTC 2017

Hi Sean,

On 09/11/17 07:14, Sean Lindsey wrote:
 > Thanks for all the feedback, we have put together some blogs to help
 > people figure out how to play with the data, to give people an idea of
 > what it is and how it was put together.
 >
 > https://blog.cybo.com/

So that website says:

> OmniPlaces is formed from billions of records (literally), from tens
> of thousands of sources (literally)

Trying to figure out the licence for tens of thousands of datasets is
practically impossible.... Licence issues are often a problem with
imports, and I think this could be a show-stopper for this.

On 09/11/17 05:54, Jo wrote:
> If the addresses are in the data as well, we don't really need to use
> the lat/lon coordinates.

Not necessarily, depends where the addresses came from. If you had lots
of lat/longs, and geocoded the, and threw away the lat/longs then you
don't have a clean dataset.

--
Rory