[Imports] [Talk-us] Integrating our open source data into OSM

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Fri Nov 10 12:43:47 UTC 2017

Hi Sean,

The problem isn't disagreement, the problem is legality. We'd need to
look at the licences of the data you have and check that one can legally
import them into OSM. Perhaps it might be better to start with one or
two of the large datasets you have, and start the process there? Perhaps
the licence issues can be worked out. First we figure out if we *can*
import the data, then we figure out if we *should*. 🙂

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by the "secondary resource". OSM doesn't
have "layers" or things like that. I don't think mappers could be able
to copy from it if there is copyright licencing issues. We can't copy
from other maps/databases.