[Imports] Heads up: Building Canada 2020

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 03:37:40 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-18 04:39 PM, Max Erickson wrote:

> It just isn't the OSM community's problem if a given license hasn't
> been evaluated before 2020.

Yup, I agree with you there. The problem lies with, and the
accommodation should be made by, those who want the imports to go ahead.

On 2017-10-18 05:03 PM, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> … It
> would be greater still if you could work with these numbers a bit and
> come up with some estimates:

It's not my import, and there is barely any useful engagement yet by the
proponents with the OSM community.

On 2017-10-18 09:56 PM, OSM Volunteer stevea wrote:

> I'm bold enough to say I believe that it is somewhat premature for
> this discussion to be on the imports list, as there does not appear
> to be a viable import plan.

Maybe so: and if so, I apologize. But there wasn't a viable import plan
with the Ottawa pilot import when the Federal project was well past its
(manufactured, entirely cooked up by folks outside OSM) completion
deadline. I don't want a repeat of that, or the edit wars that
accompanied it.

It looks like I've created some engagement. If all the engagement needs
to be right now is no action, then that's good. But if the OSM community
starts seeing mystery imports in Canada (beyond our usual level, that
is), then maybe there could be a connection to this project.

cheers,
 Stewart