[Imports] Uploading sidewalks in San Jose, California, US

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 04:40:55 UTC 2017

What would be far better, is that the 'import" and the integration with the
rest of the OSM data happens in the same changeset. That doesn't work well
together with the requirement to use a separate account to perform the
import with though.

The alternative is constant switching between accounts. Upload a few
sidewalks using the import account, then integrate those in the existing
data and upload with the normal account. Not very convenient, unless maybe
you'd use JOSM for the import and iD for the integration, or a separate
instance of JOSM, constantly up and downloading to keep the data in sync.

What I would like to see, is that we can prepare data from a number of
sources and make that available to mappers. Then those mappers can look at
an area and see what is available for import/integration. They pick and
choose what they want to work with and integrate that. The hassle with the
separate accounts remains a nuisance for that way of working though.

Polyglot