[Imports] Corpus Christi Building Import to Aid in Harvey Recovery Efforts

Max Erickson maxerickson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 00:28:02 UTC 2017

When I looked at the Microsoft buildings in Detroit, I thought a lot
of time the existing OSM footprint was better than the Microsoft
footprint. Maybe the directions could encourage importing mappers to
copy the height to the existing footprint in those cases (there seem
to be ~1500 existing buildings with high overlap)?

I used a command like

    ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" /share/gis/extracts/cc
/share/gis/MS_Buildings/Texas/ -97.55 27.6 -97.25 27.85

to isolate the Corpus Christi area, this is quite a lot of objects,
~93,000 footprints. Was there any discussion on slack of trying to
improve the categorization of the buildings during the import? Any
other salient info from the slack chat?

Thanks,
Max