[Imports] Tampa/Clearwater Florida Building Import for Irma Recover Efforts

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Sat Sep 9 19:21:26 UTC 2017

On Thu 2017-09-07 16:13:18, Clifford Snow wrote:
> wiki page,
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tampa,_Florida_Building_Import
> describes the import of buildings into  Tampa and Clearwater Florida. The
> building outlines were provided by Microsoft earlier this year. The only
> tags associated with the objects are building=* and height=*.
>
> Theses building additions are being added now to aid in recovery efforts
> from Hurricane Irma. This project is separate from HOT activities in the
> Caribbean.
>
> The work will be managed through the US Tasking Manager which includes a
> validation step to help improve quality.

Dunno, is it good idea to map buildings that will not be there in 3
days? :-).

I mean... we map situation on the ground, which is probably going to
change pretty soon. How exactly do these data aid future recovery
efforts, and is it really good data for openstreetmap?

Will the data be promptly updated post-hurricane?
									Pavel