[Imports] Address import for Allen County Indiana

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Fri Apr 20 21:14:42 UTC 2018

For buildings with multiple addresses, you can use an interpolation way with first and last nodes indicating the range of addresses.

Pierre

    Le vendredi 20 avril 2018 16 h 40 min 27 s HAE, Mike H <1jgon6 at gmail.com> a écrit :

 Max, I have spot checked the data and the only problems I was able to find is in some places, mostly apartment complexes, there would be many addresses on a single point. These points I'm just not importing, but I will be saving them to a separate file, so the locations can be reviewed and mapped at a later date.
For your second message, my understanding from reading the wiki is that the address tags should contain the postal address, so that's what I'm using. As far as zipcode boundaries go my understanding is that they aren't really a thing except for the census bureau, and zipcodes are really just a collection of points. For that reasoning, I think it's a good idea to have them on address points, so that's why I have kept them in the import plan. I'm not really sure if you had a question about that, but I hope that helps.
I forgot to provide a link to the sample data that was request earlier, so you can find it here: https://gitlab.com/jgon6/allen_county_address_import/blob/master/Sample-data/46835.osm

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 3:38 PM Max Erickson <maxerickson at gmail.com> wrote:

>In these areas, the addr:city tag should not be added.

US postal addresses often differ from administrative units.

Also, the boundaries imported from Tiger probably aren't accurate
enough that other data should be rejected based on them.

Of course I don't mean to propose a mass removal of the tiger
boundaries when I mention they haven't yet achieved perfection.

Max